Quinoa Dip

Friday, July 13, 2012

So you want amazing and delicious dip for your tortilla chips? or to stuff in a tortilla wrap to make a yummy healthy "burrito"? or just a fun yummy snack?

I got this recipe from Shayloss . (video to show you how to make it)

It is really yummy and very filling (which I had doubts it wouldn't be) but so good! I made it by their recipe but I will change some things when I make it again.  I took pictures for most of the steps so follow me as we make some dip!


These are the ingredients I used.
[ olive oil, corn, black beans, quinoa, cumin, (not pictured salt), bell pepper (any), limes, tomatoes, cilantro, garlic, onion, and jalapeno (optional I didn't end up using it), and love :) ]



Before all this start your Quinoa (I did 2 cups of Quinoa and 3 cups of water but I would do 1 cup of Quinoa and 1 1/2 cup of water next time)


Chop up the onions.


Chop up the tomatoes.


Take the cilantro off the stems and you can chop them up as well.


Chop up the bell peppers.


Rinse the corn, drain, and pour in the bowl.


Rinse the black beans, drain, pour in the bowl.


Mince


Your Quinoa should be done now (make sure no water puddles are in there and test to see if done) and mix with the rest of the yummyness!

[Not pictured: 1/3 cup of olive oil, 1 tea spoon of salt, 1 table spoon of cumin, and two limes (I might like 1 or 1 1/2 half next time) mixed in a separate bowl (so all the cumin is broken up and mixed) and pour and toss the dip.



& here is the finish product. 


You can eat with chips, in a burrito, or just by it self. It is so yummy and healthy! 




P.S. Look at this awesome cute shorts I've been wanting for Louis and found some at Walmart! 







Until next time. . . . .




2 comments :

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, I was searching on Pinterest because I couldn't remember which Shaytards video this recipe was in. Thank you!

everything under the sun flowers said...

Yes, it's soooo good! No problem! :D

Post a Comment