38 weeks & 1 day.

Thursday, April 17, 2014








38 long, long weeks.
I had my appointment for the week and deja vu happened in a way. I got checked and I am currently a little over 3 cm and 70-80% thinned out. Baby girls head just needs to come down more. Walk, walk, walk the doctor said. She said she does not think I will make it to my next appointment. That is crazy in so many ways. 1. I had my first baby in South Dakota, with a whole different doctor. I was 38 weeks and my doctor said if you make it, (which I don't think you will) to your next appointment we will talk induction. [I wouldn't consider it unless medically necessary anyways]. (My current Texas doctor said the same thing today). Turns out that doctor was right, I never made it to my next appointment. (If you need a OB in Rapid City I would definitely recommend Dr. Bernhard at Black Hills OB-GYN). Also, my water broke on Easter Sunday and I had my son the next day. Guess what this weekend is? Easter, so I really believe my water will break on Easter again and I might just have baby on Monday. It is crazy to believe how alike these due dates are. 

Breakdown:
  • Both doctors didn't/don't think I would make it to the next appointment.
  • Both pregnancies 38 weeks.
  • Both Easter weekends.

I can't wait to hold her and take her home to meet her big brother.
Back to your regular questions.



How far along?  38 weeks
Total weight gain/measurements: 25-30 lbs.
Maternity clothes: Yes & I can't wait to wear regular clothes.
Stretch marks: Not any new ones, I hope I don't get any either.
Sleep: Not consistent sleep. Leg cramps are here and waking me up multiple times a night.
Best moment this week: My mommy flew in and already has made so many delicious items! Helped a bunch with little guy and just made it that much easier to take it easy.
Miss anything? I would love to not be pregnant any more.
Movement: I think she wants out as well, waiting for my appointment she tried to bust out on top of a full bladder.
Food cravings: not too many since my mommy is fulfilling them all.
Anything making you queasy or sick? I have gotten a little bit nauseated lately.
Gender: GIRL
Labor signs: back pain, hip pain, and the regular stuff.
Symptoms: cervix irritated by check up, 3+cm dilated, 70-80% thinned out, everything looks great except baby needs to shimmy on down more.
Belly button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or moody most of the time: Both. easily annoyed.
Looking forward to: HER ARRIVAL!



In other news:





Little guy loves watching movies. He really likes Frozen (Olaf) right now. Always addicted to all of the Toy Story's as well. 





My mom's homemade Tom Kah Gai. AH! Something I have craved for....ever. While it's settling nicely in my belly for the 3rd time in two days. Yum!



Next Friday will be my son's 3rd birthday and we also find out where we are going next thanks to the military!









Until next time. . . and hopefully baby girl will be here.



0 comments :

Post a Comment