Little baby girl.
First day daddy leaves for work and they both nap at the same time.
12 days new.
May 25 2014 - 1 month old
Proud big brother.
Clothing- still newborn since you are only 7 lbs 15 oz. You have finally gained more than your birth weight but not too much seeing as you are in the 10th percentile for height and weight. You are standing tall at 20.25 inches. I keep thinking you'll fit into some 0-3 month clothing but you never fill it out.
You dropped normal 10% birth weight after you were born but you weren't gaining enough back in the normal time period so we have been adding preemie (more calories) supplement formula to my expressed milk. It seems to be working but too fast (which is okay because it made your brother get chunky a little too fast). Also, you had a small case of jaundice that was taken care of quickly.
You love to have some milk! Mostly its every 2-4 hours, it just depends. You can drink up to 4 oz now!!! Usually it's between 2-3 but if you are really hungry you will down 4. Although, when you get expressed milk and supplement formula you spit up from time to time.
It honestly varies. I try to keep you awake before bed time, then feed you a big "meal", have you bundled up (either swaddled or tucked in your rock n play), and hold you until I know you are "knocked out" and then put you down and HOPE you will stay asleep for 3-4 hours. If I get lucky I wake up before you awake and get to pump (lately morning pumps are 5 oz!!!) and then you'll wake and I change you, feed you, hold you till you are sleeping, then put you down, then I sleep for how many more hours you'll let me, then it is usually up for the day by then.
- You are pretty good at rolling belly to back/side already.
- We can tell you have a sturdier neck/spine by how much longer and how further you can hold your head up.
- You tend to like to flick mommy and daddy off.... I don't think by accident.
- You LOVE the sound of your brothers voice, weather talking or singing.
- You usually only smile while sleeping.
- You love bath time. You hear the water and you just stop and listen. You love everything about bath time except getting out.
- You also love the baby K'tan. I can take you anywhere and you just fall asleep in it.
- Every time we drive to base you always get hungry and cry most of the way.
- You have started to drool more and gnaw on your hands more often.
I tend to stare down at you (especially while nursing) and just admire how much you've changed, and how much I just love you!!!
Until next time. . .